Anglican Women Newcastle unites women across the Diocese. We seek to help.
- Prayer and Worship.
- Fellowship with all women in the Diocese and beyond.
- Giving with Anglican Women Newcastle Thank You boxes.
Anglican Women Newcastle. Regular Events.
The Anglican Women Newcastle, Diocesan Executive plans our program. There are six items each year. Anglican Women Newcastle events are open to all.
- Lenten Retreats. First week of Lent. 1 weekend and 1 midweek.
- Annual Service. First Tuesday of June at the Cathedral.
- Autumn Celebration. First Monday of May in the Manning Deanery.
- Spring Celebrations. First week of September held in the Deaneries.
- Anglican Women's Sunday. Last Sunday of July. Parishes celebrate the women in parish life and recognise their contribution.
- Anglican Women Newcastle Quiet Day: Manning Deanery in October.
Recent Anglican Women Newcastle News Items
Thank You Boxes
Anglican Women Newcastle Thank You Boxes are great. They are a simple way of thanking the Lord for help and guidance in day-to-day events. We say thank you. Thank You for little things we often take for granted. We place a coin in the box and give a little back.
Patterns or labels for boxes are available from your Parish AW Rep. You may of course use any container.
You can hand them to your Parish AW Rep. We collect them at the Diocesan Service in June. We also collect them at the Spring Celebrations in September.
Thank You Box Projects
Each year the proceeds are donated to a project. This is decided upon by the Executive of Anglican Women Newcastle. Recipients have included these causes.
- Youth work in this Diocese.
- the Westpac Rescue Helicopter.
- Fred Hollowes Foundation.
- Palliative Care Services in the Diocesan area.
- A Literacy Program in Myanmar (Burma).
- The Mission to Seafarers in the Port of Newcastle.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind (2014)
Project to September 2015.
- N.T. Aboriginal Ministry
Project for the year September 2015 to September 2016:
- Alzheimers' Australia